Mathematical Python is an introduction to mathematical computing including:
- Jupyter notebooks, markdown and $\LaTeX$
- Basic Python programming: datatypes, variables, logic, loops and functions
- Scientific computing with NumPy, SciPy and Matplotlib
- Applications in calculus, linear algebra and differential equations
We assume the reader has completed undergraduate courses in:
- Differential calculus: derivatives, Taylor series and optimization
- Integral calculus: integrals, Riemann sums, sequences and series
- Linear algebra: vector and matrix operations, systems of equations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors
- Differential equations: first and second order equations, Euler's method and systems of equations
Thank you ...
- Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Science (PIMS) for creating Syzygy and hosting Jupyter notebooks for thousands of students and researchers across Canada
- Jupyter, Python and SciPy developers for creating open source scientific software
- MkDocs developers and Martin Donath for creating a Material Design theme for MkDocs
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
August 16 2022 14:12 PST